Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Save Me the Plums

Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet MemoirSave Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir by Ruth Reichl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was perfectly delectable. Reichl is a gifted writer and her level of detail carries you right along through her memories. If we're honest, I didn't know she was the editor-in-chief of Gourmet magazine. I just thought it was a foodie word choice in her title. Still there was no love lost learning about her experience in the food and magazine business. I appreciated her humanity as she talked about her husband and her son. I appreciated the context she provided as she detailed world events that were happening alongside her own experiences. I've always wanted to read one of her books and am so glad to have finally done it. Can't wait to read more and to perhaps try some of her recipes--

Happy reading and happy eating--

(Book 82 - 2019)

No comments: