Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Flavor of the Week

I do not bounce around from man to man the way the singer of "Flavor of the Week" bounced from chica to chica, but the loves of my life vacillate with the day, the mood, the moment-- A few loves this week...

*my red pens - there's something about them that makes me feel like an adult (a rare experience, let me tell you)....
*new vocabulary words - not for my students, for me. I love learning new words. I know that exposes me a class-A nerd, but if you didn't know I was a nerd already, you really don't hang out with me enough...
*Mae's nose - it's just one tiny facet of her overall spell that she has cast on everyone who meets her, but I cannot get over how cute it is...
*fallen leaves - leaves are slowly starting to turn colors here as summer tries to cling on. I cannot wait for full blown fall....
*Jim's pranks on Dwight - fact: jello is a necessity at work. Haven't figured it out yet, but I will somehow put office supplies in jello before the year is out...
*tiny hands gripping my finger - I know you know that I am in love with Mae. Just thought I would give one more shout out to the little one that I plan my afternoons around....
*budgeting - no, I have not been sipping my dad's accounting punch. I just love the feeling of saving and planning for purchases. Hope this more concerted effort towards this habit sticks....
*driving on the Bay Bridge at night - the party I went to last Friday in the city left something to be desired, but driving into the city with the bridge lit up is beautiful, romantic, and exciting in a way that I can't quite describe-- everything about it appeals to the eight-year-old version of myself and since my eight-year-old self does more of my thinking than it should....

Enough loves for now - Mae has emerged from her nap, and I either should play with her or get grading. Too bad grading is not one of my loves for the week!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Glad you like new vocab words if you're studying for the GRE (I saw your facebook status). Danny is studying for it too and I have loved going through his vocab words and quizzing him. Good luck!

forget laundry said...

I love your writing style. it's the next best thing to being with you. I'll take all I can get and count down the days until mae's blessing in november. I would love to see more pics of her (hint hint) love you

Lauren said...

Fact: I know how to do the jello stapler mold.

Fact: I bore my testimony in RS and explained Mae gripping my finger and that life changing moment and it's effects on my life since then.

Fact: Her nose is perfect.

Fact: I know it sounds silly to list two things both about Mae in this comment and not comment on the other stuff, but yet, I know to you, it does not seem silly, because we both get that Mae is perfect and heaven sent.