Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Procrastinating - Part 2 (this time with David!)

My to do list is horrendous (like every other working student in the country), and so I found myself looking for a laugh after finishing one thing on my list. The random craving that came to me was a South Park tribute to Mormons being the right religion for getting to heaven (sound familiar to Sunday School? And who thought Kenny was really dead? He's just in spiritual prison...). Oddly enough, youtube linked David Archuleta options to my "South Park Mormon" query. The video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZckzYTQM4) is of David singing "Be Still, My Soul" in a church service (so yes, you have to get past the fact that they are filming him in a chapel - probably a deranged fan behind the camera- I promise it's not me). His rendition is beautiful - calmed my stress and eased the "elephant sitting on my chest" feeling more than anything has these past few days. Who knew youtube could answer prayers?

3 comments:

Kaylinn said...

I laugh at your efforts to be distracted. It is so easy! I collect work on Fridays which make for a blitz grading session all day while the kids do something...creative shall we say. By Period 2 I'm dying for something more interesting! Love it. I find your teaching stories very entertaining. Who knew we would be living similar lives?

Anna White said...

that is wonderful. :) i love his voice!!

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

How is you? I feel like it has been forever since I last saw you. I doubt you have much time to procrastinate with grading, school and the GRE studying. I can't wait to see you and be back in Cali. Love you