Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Procrastinating with the Gaffe Machine

I have been remarkably mum on politics lately - I'm almost proud of my silence because it means I have resisted the urge to fly off the handle when candidates say things that are utterly ridiculous... Tonight though I am desperate to avoid homework. It's week two of assignments being due on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Are you kidding me? Bad teaching strategy if you want quality work - Anywho, my procrastination led me to a newsweek blog on the candidates stumping across the nation. The focus this evening was on Joe Biden-- A seemingly solid choice at first for v.p., but he comes off like he doesn't know Obama's key ideas. Thoroughly entertaining to watch the video attached to the blog and see him contradict himself twice in forty seconds (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/23/biden-turns-on-the-gaffe-machine.aspx). I love politics - they make for hilarious discussion and quality distraction.

Hope your political ideologies are holding strong and haven't been too shattered by the ability of youtube to catch our candidates at their finest. I better get cracking on that homework--


Mae likes Biden's commentary on goal in China too. See, she's riveted~

1 comment:

Lauren said...

She has her mittens on AND her eyes opened! My joy is full! I'm sorry I never comment on anything else other than her. I always find procrastination is a great academic motivator. Take right now, I have a huge midterm on Thursday and I know nothing, and yet, I am surprisingly relaxed. However this time tomorrow night will be a different story...