Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holy Crow!

"Holy crow" came out of my mouth today, and I have no idea where it came from. I know I heard it on a tv show or a move at some point in my life, but ????. Urban dictionary lists it as a derivative of "holy cow." Not a very helpful definition if you ask me.

Anyway, the "holy crow" was an exclamation of disbelief about it being Christmas Eve. Where have the last few weeks gone, let alone the last twelve months?! But here we are just the same. 98 Degrees is singing "O Holy Night" (don't judge - you know you loved them once too). My siblings are playing Super Mario World on the Wii (yes, my mom broke down on bought video games this past year - she made it 26 years as a parent before giving in). Mae and Brett are sleeping. And I'm watching the sky change colors as another few Christmas Eve minutes melt away. We'll be reading stories soon and eating pizza. Then of course, as we Hutchins alway do, we'll be opening all our presents and making ourselves sick on Sees candy.

"Holy crow" is right. Christmas is here, and I could not be more grateful to be home. Love you and happy holidays!

No comments: