Thursday, January 7, 2010

*Caveats

People in my program love to use the word "caveat" which my mac dictionary defines as "a warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations." I'll never use that word again just because I've heard it to much. But it fits here - not in a dramatic warning type of way, but in a stipulation or condition type of way. So here are a couple caveats to previous posts-

"Dear 2010" - I just have to say that 2009 wasn't completely terrible. There were many things that went right. I went on great trips with friends and family. I finished my third and most fulfilling year of teaching. I saw Mae take some of her first steps. I laughed until I cried with more than a few of you. So yes, I am more pessimistic than I was before, but I also have great memories...

"Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This" - Despite all those random, "special" experiences, that day wasn't all bad. I had lunch with Ryan, Jewels, and Mae - how great is it that we're all in the same place for the first time in years?! I studied with Nicole and Karleen. I know studying doesn't sound like fun, but with these two girls everything about this program is better.

Why add these two caveats? Just didn't want you to think things were/are "all bad" - that's not in my nature to think that. Enough of this-- Non-profit Finance and Budgeting, here I come.

[For reading this odd post, here is a treat from mylifeisaverage.com: "Today, I put pictures of Edward Cullen staring creepily in all the bathroom stalls in my school with the caption "Edward Cullen is watching you pee." Just as I was taping up the last one, I heard a girl shriek from the next stall over. Finally, satisfaction. MLIA." Edward Cullen has never watched me pee, but one time at Girls Camp a frog watched me shower. Since I didn't have contacts in, I didn't notice the frog until part way through. I screamed like a little girl and barely made it out of there with my towel. The girls waiting to shower looked both panicked and completely amused. Great memory. Great things on MLIA today. Great you!]

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

I wrote a post about how 2009 was the worst year of my life, and a girl commented saying, "That was so not the worst year! Mine was so much worse! I was stuck in the same town all year!" I was like, just because it was a terrible year doesn't mean there wasn't good in it!
Plus, traveling doesn't freaking make everything bad go away.
Um, sorry about the tangent.

forget laundry said...

you're cute. I knew you had lots of good mixed in- but it's okay to complain. loving you. ps I will never use the word Caveat simply because I don't even know what proviso means and I will probably butcher it.