Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The King's Speech

The King's SpeechThe King's Speech by Mark Logue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I cannot adequately express how much I loved film version of The King's Speech. To give you a little perspective though - I walked out of the theater rhapsodizing about how amazing the story, the acting, the casting, etc, etc. was. I rhapsodized all the way to Barnes and Noble where I proceeded to buy this book. While I loved the movie more, this book was a great history of two men brought together by a speech impediment.

This is not a book for everyone. It is a dry recitation of chronological events focusing on both King George VI of England and Lionel Logue of Australia. That said, if you have any interest in the subject, I would definitely recommend reading the book even if you haven't seen the movie.

ps. I wish I was British. Anyone care to move with me?

No comments: