Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Clippers, CAFR, or None of the Above

I should be working on Clippers projects or my CAFR project for accounting, but instead, I'm reading a friend's philosophical musings on Nietzsche, writing random emails, reading book reviews and NPR stories, and listening to perfectly brilliant nocturnes played by the unparalleled Janusz Olejniczak.

A few things that you should know while I'm in the middle of putting off my to do list:
*I keep thinking about a story I heard today on an old podcast of "This American Life" this morning about a blind man taking his baby girl Tess on a walk for the first time. Listening to it, I was reminded how much we take for granted and how often we don't stop to look at those around us. The podcast episode is called "Neighborhood Watch" if you want to check it out.

*Our March book for book club is Christopher McDougall's Born to Run. More information about the book can be found at pickwickreaders.blogspot.com.
*My graduation announcements have arrived. I haven't let myself open the box yet because I know all will to do work will leave me once I see how tangibly close graduation really is. It may or may not be somewhere in the range of 44 days.

*My family came to visit - so much fun. That deserves more detail, but I'm sleep deprived, and brevity is the order of the day. Let's just say that having all five kids and my mamacita (my dad was stuck working 16 hour days courtesy of tax season) in town was a much needed break. And the senior ball dress Jenessa bought is amazing.

*I'm thinking about chopping my hair off again. I know, I know - I'm supposed to be growing it out, and I'm just barely able to put it in a ponytail (with eight bobby pins of course)...but short hair is so much more fun. (Random picture I know, but this is my hair from the back when it was the shortest - I, of course, am the one in the plaid.)

*Have you had edamame lately?! So good!! That and a cold caffeinated beverage are all I am craving right now.
Okay - that's it. I better get back to doing what I'm supposed to be doing or go to bed... Good night. Sleep tight. I fumigated the bedroom, so don't stress about bugs or monsters.

No comments: