Monday, April 8, 2019

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince...Again, Again

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm wondering if Hudson is going to think that Jim Dale is a real person after he's heard him narrating for eighty plus hours as we finish out the sixth book. Anything to make the magic of Harry Potter feel real for just a moment, right?

This is a book that often feels like every detail was crafted specifically to springboard into the seventh book. I still cry every time I get to the final chapters of this book as though I don't see the ending coming. Somehow, knowing what's coming almost makes it harder. I love Ginny and Harry together and the idea that Rowling gives us about how our pasts shape our futures. I like that Draco Malfoy isn't purely bad - that we see him struggle and see that Dumbledore still values him and sees his potential....it's all just so good. Happy, happy reading--

(Book 31 - 2019)


No comments: