Monday, April 8, 2019

Transcription

TranscriptionTranscription by Kate Atkinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Kate Atkinson. She pushes the boundary on how stories are told over and over again. Her narrators are fresh and flawed, but so engaging you can't help but follow their every move. The reader for this book was excellent, but I kept wishing I was holding a physical copy of the book in hand because Atkinson makes her readers pay attention with subtle, nuanced details that are laced in every chapter. I loved that a story that chronicles spy work before, during, and after World War II was not a quick "who done it" kind of story. Intriguing and surprising to the last chapter, I almost felt like I needed to begin again to look for the hints Atkinson had given along the way.

Like I've said before, Atkinson's books are meant to be read in large chunks. Piecemealing her stories really doesn't do them justice.

Happy reading--

(Book 29 - 2019)

No comments: