Monday, April 8, 2019

The Optimist's Guide to Letting Go

The Optimist's Guide to Letting GoThe Optimist's Guide to Letting Go by Amy E. Reichert
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I chose this book based on its cover and its title. The fact that the main character owns a food truck piqued my interest too, seeing as I watch a number of cooking shows when I get the chance. I liked the look at three women of three generations from the same family. Multi-generational novels seem to have more depth as the characters' back stories have to be woven together. This book was a bit predictable or overwrought at times, but it was entertaining and thought provoking...and let's be honest, the descriptions of food were so good that I felt compelled to make my own grilled cheese and brownies after finishing the book. Also, the main character, Gina, is a list maker, and Reichert's random inclusions of those lists were perfect little details. Can't imagine someone dissecting my to do lists as a way to ascertain my character. Today's includes fridge filters, dress choice, dishes, baby laundry, call J & M, walk. Hmmmm - what does that say about me?

Happy reading and happy grilled cheese eating!

(Book 28 - 2019)

No comments: