Monday, November 28, 2011

The Future of Us


The Future of UsThe Future of Us by Jay Asher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up The Future of Us Sunday morning and finished it before I went to bed.  While the overall exposition of the story didn’t stay as strong as it began, I loved the premise from beginning to end. I found myself lost in thought all day yesterday and today over what it would be like for my sixteen-year-old self to see my current Facebook profile. What would I have changed then so that I could change my now?

Asher’s ingenuity in young adult fiction is fantastic. I trust his judgment implicitly when he recommends other authors, and I trust his own creative work. Read it. The concept alone is worth your time.

1 comment:

Jenessa Hutchins said...

I am really really excited to read this at Christmas!