Sunday, September 30, 2012

Birthday Surprise

I am very rarely surprised, but the Sunday before my birthday "The Dark One" sent me the following video. 
In case it seems a bit cryptic (I honestly had no idea what he was talking about - perhaps because I was laughing so hard at the attire), my family surprised me with tickets to Les Miserables for my birthday. 
It was perfect weather, and since it was a "fancier" evening out, I finally braved the tiered necklace I had bought from Stella & Dot. (Doesn't seem like a big deal, I know, but I still a bit like I'm playing dress-up with some accessories.)
  We started our night at the ferry building in San Francisco with a scrumptious dinner at Gotts. They have fantastic shakes.
 There are few pictures that make me that sentimental in an instant - and the poster for Les Mis is one of them. I love seeing Cosette's face.
Best surprise ever - fabulous show. Great company. Beautiful new costumes (not as in love with the new staging - where is the rotating stage?!) and powerhouse voices. Cannot say a big enough thank you to my family for helping me welcome in 29. 

(ps. I know this was almost two months ago - I'm behind...very behind.)
(pps. Les Mis the movie comes out in 85 days - Happy Christmas!!)

1 comment:

Jenessa Hutchins said...

Please remember this was my idea =) Jk SO glad you loved it. Missing you all lots and lots.