Monday, September 3, 2012

Dreaming of a reality....

Do you ever wake up after dreaming and think you're somewhere else? It happens to me often, but lately it happens all the time....to the point that I've woken up a few times in the last couple weeks and not known where I am. I've also woken up still in conversation with whomever I was dreaming about. I  actually apologized aloud a couple nights ago to a friend who I had been driving with in my dream but I, as an apparently bad copilot, had nodded off mid-conversation. Tonight though I wish I could go to bed and wake up to a different reality. Don't get me wrong - I love the fall and my job and all those other things and people that make up my days. But I have the "Sunday night blues" in a major way, and I want to wake up to waves crashing on the sand or the sound of wind moving through Aspen trees.....maybe at least I'll dream about them while I sleep and wake up feeling like I can smell the salty air or feel the worn wood of a Sundance rocking chair.

No comments: