Sunday, September 16, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have such mixed feelings about this book and have tried all week to put into words my reactions to Mr. Riggs' book. In short, I think that Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is convoluted brilliance. There are glimmers of genius - such unique strokes of storytelling and ingenuity. But there are so many details to wade through to get to that genius. Perhaps I was distracted. Or perhaps I didn't expect such a unique story, so my mind wasn't prepared for the supernatural. I think some people will love it and some people will hate it. I think the first more than the latter, but I just don't know....

No comments: