Monday, November 5, 2012

Adopted Family

In the MPA program, my classmates and I quickly became like family in our home away from home. Emily and Karla came for a whole week at the end of the October, and for a brief moment I felt like I had my MPA family close by. We ate good food, we caught up on all the MPA gossip, we talked about boys and life and job prospects, and we played tourists in San Francisco and other great spots in the Bay Area. I love these girls and really hope they come visit again soon (or even better, move here!!). 
At the end of September, the SRV crew gathered at the Pinkertons' for their annual Thanksgiving dinner. This is the Thanksgiving where Zach gives a speech about how we can't choose our family, but we can choose our friends and how great it is to spend time with the family we choose. I love the Pinkertons and am so grateful for their constant love and hospitality. This was the final picture of the night - Katie, Amber, Julie and I are part of the original SRV crew. I've been so blessed to have them in my life. 

No comments: