Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Brave Enough

Brave EnoughBrave Enough by Cheryl Strayed
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love Cheryl Strayed. I gladly wandered with her in "Wild" (though I thought she was a touch crazy most of the time) and appreciate how authentically she lives her life. But while the concept of "Brave Enough" is great, the actual product is less than fulfilling. Rather than actual commentary, Strayed mainly has a series of her own disjointed quotes with more than one too many f-words. Out of context, she seems more adolescent than wise. That said, some of her words are still poignantly beautiful, but there are much better ways to access her writing. Skip this one and choose another quote collection or series of essays. You'll be more fulfilled because honestly the best part of this book was the YouTube fire I had in the background (yes I'm one of those), and the captivating introduction.

Happy reading friends. Hope you're enjoying the gorgeous fall weather-

No comments: