Tuesday, November 28, 2017

QB: My Life Behind the Spiral

QB: My Life Behind the SpiralQB: My Life Behind the Spiral by Steve Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know what you're thinking - 5 stars for a memoir by a former NFL player seems a little high. But what you need to envision is a teenage girl sneaking out to her car between meetings at church to hear what the score of the 49er game was...a girl who nearly cried when news broke that Steve Young would retire after one too many concussions....a girl whose memories with her dad and many of the men in her extended family revolve around San Francisco sports. If we're honest, the adult version of this girl doesn't follow the NFL nearly as much as her younger self did. She decided ten plus years ago that she couldn't follow so many sports and still do all the things she wanted to, so she consciously decided to become a more casual fan. But reliving so many classic 49er games and getting to hear more of Young's story was strangely exhilarating. Perfect fall choice--

Happy reading-
(my Hawaii books for our 2017 Thanksgiving trip)

No comments: