Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Life After Life

Life After LifeLife After Life by Kate Atkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every attempt at reviewing this book has come out cliché or made the book sound like a series of bad plot twists. It's one of those that is better to experience than to hear described, or at the very least needs a verbal interaction to do it any sort of justice.

Let me just say this - the feeling as you read it is akin to "The Time Traveler's Wife". It's not quite as compelling because it's not about a star-crossed couple, but it is just as thought-provoking. I finished the book ten days ago, and I find my mind wandering back to it over and over again. "Life After Life" is a four star book, but earns the extra star for originality and the lingering impact. I don't think it's for everyone. British literary fiction often isn't, but it's perfect for blustery, rainy days and cozy fires.

If you read it, please call me. I need to talk to someone who read this. Happy reading-

No comments: