Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Dear Fahrenheit 451

Dear Fahrenheit 451: A Librarian's Love Letters and Break-Up Notes to the Books in Her LifeDear Fahrenheit 451: A Librarian's Love Letters and Break-Up Notes to the Books in Her Life by Annie Spence
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dear "Dear Fahrenheit 451":

I'm sorry I didn't love you as much as I wanted to. It wasn't that you weren't clever or that you didn't remind me of how much I love books. It's that your randomness sometimes distracted me, and I felt like occasionally you were trying too hard. Great books don't show their effort, and some of your commentary did. I actually think you would have been a four star rating if I'd read you instead of listening to you. I think the audiobook reader's tone was a little too flippant or self-assured.

All that said, I'd still recommend you to my bibliophile friends. We do tend to love books on books. Can't help it. And your title is pretty genius. Anyway, back to my other books--

Love,
Jaclyn

No comments: