Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The War I Finally Won

The War I Finally Won (The War That Saved My Life, #2)The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In short, a three star beginning and a five star ending. I love these characters and this world that Bradley has created. It didn't hurt that I got lost in this book overlooking the ocean and being kissed by perfect Hawaiian sunshine. I cannot wait to read this and the previous book in the set with my kids in the future. They're genuine and interesting middle grade books that make you think that the world still holds more goodness than sadness. Oh, and if I have a daughter, I hope she has a bit of Ada's spunk.

Happy reading--

ps. If you have ten- or eleven-old girls, these books would make great Christmas gifts. Honestly, I think the book is interesting enough for boys too, but not all younger boys like reading about female protagonists.

No comments: