Friday, November 3, 2017

Turtles All The Way Down

Turtles All the Way DownTurtles All the Way Down by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We have been waiting such a long time for John Green to write another book that I now have three signed copies sitting within fifteen feet of me. The first, I ordered on Amazon when I heard Green was signing an unreal amount of the original printing. The second and third came from going to a fantastic book tour event put on by Green and his brother in Pleasanton. I love John Green so much, and I would read his thoughts on just about anything.

So about "Turtles" - it's an interesting book filled with real issues and authentically loveable characters. It's the type of book that describing the plot doesn't actually make it more appealing, but it's clever and unique. I love that he took on a main character with OCD and the experience of losing a parent, while still making you laugh and fall in love right along with the main characters. And true to Green's style, there are beautiful references to other writers and poignant one liners which means there are at least a dozen tabs sticking out of my book. Can't help it-

As always, happy reading. I'm off to find my next book...and to probably rewatch The Fault in Our Stars...again. 
Ps. This is my 600th post. Seems fitting to write about a John Green book and a night listening to a favorite writer for that. 

No comments: