Friday, February 8, 2019

Dear Evan Hansen

Dear Evan HansenDear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was unable to see Dear Evan Hansen when it came to San Francisco, so I decided to dive in to the book to tide me over until I'm actually able to see the musical. The novelization of the musical has some beautiful moments, but it was uneven and sometimes felt like it was trying to hard. The novel just came out in the fall of 2018 after the widespread success of the musical and the rumors of a movie version had already surfaced. This story is still poignant and so important to tell. People do need to be heard and seen. I think the original musical writers created something remarkable. I just don't think the novel stands alone. So I'll head back to the Dear Evan Soundtrack. Pretty sure Hudson has it memorized already.

Happy reading and remember, you will be found.

(Book 12 - 2019)

No comments: