Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Library Book

The Library BookThe Library Book by Susan Orlean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is about libraries. I don't know what exactly I expected, but I think was expecting a little bit more than the inner workings and history of the Los Angeles Public Library system. The book book is well written and well researched, but I powered through this one because I knew I would lose interest if I didn't. This is not a book for book lovers - you need to, in fact, love libraries and love history and perhaps on top of that, love librarians as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of all of the above, but reading about them wasn't as captivating as perusing the shelves of a library (or Goodreads for that matter).

Still, as always, happy reading--

(Book 16 - 2019)

No comments: