Friday, February 8, 2019

Saints - The Standard of Truth: 1815-1846 (Vol. 1)

The Standard of Truth: 1815–1846 (Saints, #1)The Standard of Truth: 1815–1846 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I do not typically review church books, partially because I rarely get all the way to the end and partially because it feels as though I am somehow rating or reviewing my faith. That said, this book is an interesting summation of early church history. I am glad to have read it. I just was left wishing some analysis of events had been included, rather than just a reporting of what happened. I understand why church editors left that out though in their attempt to present unbiased facts. This is just the first volume published of Saints. I look forward to reading the next ones when they come out.

Happy reading--

(Book 11 - 2019)

No comments: