Friday, January 8, 2021

Admission

AdmissionAdmission by Julie Buxbaum
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Admission reads like the juicy gossip you can't help but dive into at lunch with your coworkers. You're sucked in to the book so fast that you don't have time pay attention to the fact that this is not great literature, but it is captivating fiction. Buxbaum based this story on the college admission scandal that was all over the news a couple years ago, and the mother in the story resembles Lori Loughlin's role in that scandal. The main character does not resemble Loughlin's daughters.

I listened to this book in a day. Much the same way that you know Halloween candy is not the same quality as Belgian chocolate, I know that this book is probably undeserving of four stars, but it was exactly what I needed in the moment. I would totally recommend it for when you need something less serious and fast moving.

Happy reading--

No comments: