Saturday, January 2, 2021

Notes from a Young Black Chef

Notes from a Young Black ChefNotes from a Young Black Chef by Kwame Onwuachi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I first discovered Kwame Onwuachi through Top Chef. I was rooting for him to win that season, and so when I heard he had written a book, I was in. This isn't a typical food memoir but rather Kwame's experience in becoming a chef and trying to open his first restaurant in Washington, D.C.. Still, his passion and creativity as a chef are apparent in everything he says. The book is probably a 3.5, but I didn't round up because I wanted more food details alongside the restaurant and work experience details. I admire Kwame's perseverance and candor about his struggles and his experience as a black chef and look forward to seeing what he accomplishes in the future. He has the potential to become a household name in the world of fine dining.

Happy reading and happy eating--

No comments: