Friday, January 15, 2021

Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow

Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan CrowHollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hollowpox is the third in Townsend's Nevermoor series, and I still have no idea how to describe it to people. Magical realism doesn't go far enough. Fantastically creative doesn't give anything concrete to imagine. A middle grade book that you should read with your kids is the closest I can get. I love Townsend's details and her quirky characters. I love that her stories and settings don't resemble anything I've read before. However this book should be described, the short version is that I love them and am already counting down to the fourth installment.

Happy reading--

ps. Hollowpox is indeed a sort of sickness that is infecting certain citizens of Nevermoor. This book was already written before the pandemic happened, but the timing was uncanny. Even in its magical details, it had strangely real ties to issues we're seeing in our own society.

No comments: