Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Beyond Band of Brothers

Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick WintersBeyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters by Dick Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers. It captures one of the most remarkable groups of men and central to that group is Major Dick Winters. This book is an addendum to Stephen Ambrose's book that inspired the miniseries, also called Band of Brothers. I actually haven't read Band of Brothers, but I admire Winters so much and since this book was included in the Audible catalog, I decided to read it. Though sometimes a little dry, the stories Winters shares are insightful and captivating. What Easy Company accomplished in World War II and beyond is incredible. I'm glad to have read this.

Happy reading and happy better living--

No comments: