Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Vanishing Half

The Vanishing HalfThe Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am always on the fence when it comes to reading books that everyone is talking about. This book wasn't quite as incredible as people made it out to be, but I also have never read another story like it. The conversations about race, sisterhood, and authenticity will stick with me for a long time. This is one of those stories that the less you know the better. Bennett does a great job creating characters that are more than new versions of something you've read before. The pacing was a little off for me and a couple of the details didn't quite connect with the overall story, but I still think this is one of those books people will be talking about for years to come.

Happy reading--

No comments: