Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stolen


Stolen: A Letter to My CaptorStolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I sat down yesterday and read this book from cover to cover. It helps that it's summer and that my body is fatigued from running, so all I want to do in the afternoon is lounge. But the book really was that engaging. From the second you meet Gemma's kidnapper, you're intrigued by him - which is odd. I should have been repulsed or horrified. Instead, I wanted to know more. This is Christopher's greatest success in her book because we understand Gemma's revulsion and her captivation to the mysterious Ty. I can't say it's the best book I have ever read, but I know my students will love it. Definitely worth a few hours of your time.

Happy reading!

No comments: