Wednesday, August 15, 2012

York - Day Eleven, Part Three

The town of York is incredibly charming. It would a great place to stay if you were writing a book or doing research and wanted to still be quasi-plugged in.
This is for Jewels. 
This is, of course, for Ness.
The Shambles is an old street that used to house the butchers of York. Some of the buildings date back as far as the 14th century.
It was on this beautiful walk that I got a call from California asking me to come in for a job interview. Needless to say, I didn't make it, but how could I rush away from something as stunning as this?
Delicious Indian food at one of the local pubs...and bonus, they had Diet Pepsi. 
After dinner, we walked the wall that surrounds York. It was very wet, but well worth being soaked.
With Jenessa gone, I didn't get documented as much...hence the odd side picture as I'm walking.
This sign caught my eye because it's an instant piece of nostalgia. Then you read it, and it's totally gross. I love it.
For all the Gilly lovers. She's now doing surgery in York.
The front of our inn. Can I live here please?

No comments: