Sunday, July 31, 2011

Arrival at the Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Day 10, Part 2

I fell in love while I was in England with Derbyshire and our bed and breakfast on the edge of the Chatsworth Estate. The pictures do not do justice to Jenessa and my bedroom or view, but know that if you ever can't find me, I have gone here. Someday, I'll hole up here for a season, write, sip lemonade overlooking green pastures, and walk cobblestone streets at dusk.


While we stayed here, we enjoyed the most delicious meals at the Inn pub made from ingredients grown on the Estate. We chatted with a few of locals and got a picture of life in a small town. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone seems to be interconnected. And more than anything, I want to get back there as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Devonshire Hotels said...

Hi Jaclyn,

Thank you so much for writing this lovely blog post about our pub! We look forward to seeing you again again in the future!

Kind regards,

Rebecca and Alan (Marketing Manager and Chef Patron)