Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5)Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I fell in love with the Sisterhood from the moment I saw the preview for the first movie. I was older than I should have been when I bought the books, but I devoured them just the same. When I heard there was going to be a fifth book, all I wanted was for things to turn out differently for Lena….Reading this book was surreal because ten years has passed for Bee, Lena, Tibby, and Carmen. They’re all twenty-nine and dealing with serious issues and devastating losses. While I’m not quite twenty-nine, I feel a strange kinship to how disoriented these women feel as they try to find their respective life paths.

Is the book amazingly written? Of course not, but I thoroughly enjoyed it just the same. Would someone who hadn’t read the other four books like it? Probably not just because the flaws of the writing and the overly simplified wrap-up of the plot would be too apparent without the love the original readers have for the characters. Thus it is primarily out of sentimentality that I rate this book so high. If you liked the other books, you will like this one. I picked it up and gladly didn’t put it down. It was a perfect summer read.

No comments: